格鲁耶尔干贝土豆 are basically a cheesy potato casserole. What could be better?! They have a grown-up twist—nutty gruyere cheese and fresh thyme—that take them over the top.
Scalloped potatoes are a classic side dish that has been made for generations. My own grandma served them for Easter dinner with ham, though I know many families who enjoy them for Christmas 要么 even Thanksgiving.
这些 格鲁耶尔干贝土豆 are a twist on the classic, thanks to the addition of gruyere cheese and fresh thyme. The two flavors take them into gourmet territory—the gruyere gives off a nutty, earthy flavor, and the fresh thyme adds a fresh peppery zip.
我为他们服务 火釉火腿 for an Easter dinner, but they would be a delicious side dish with beef, turkey, 要么 roast chicken, too.
1.将土豆去皮，然后用土豆切成1/3英寸的切片 曼陀林 或锋利的刀。我只是用锋利的刀！
It took maybe 15 minutes for me to get all of them peeled, sliced, and placed into a 13×9 inch casserole dish (I used Le Creuset的这个）。
2. While you are slicing potatoes, place the milk in a saucepan on the stove over low heat. You do not want the milk to come to a boil—we are just warming it slightly so it creates a smooth sauce later.
3. Sauté the shallots in butter (YUM), then stir in the 面粉 and the warmed milk. Whisk the mixture until combined and until it has thickened slightly, about 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the 盐, fresh thyme, and half of the gruyere cheese, then pour the mixture over the potatoes in the dish.
5. Top with the remaining gruyere, and bake for 50–60 minutes at 375°F. The potatoes will start to turn golden on top and bubble around the edges. You do not need to cover the dish when cooking.
Technically, yes, you can use another type of milk other than whole. Whole milk creates the creamiest sauce, so I really do recommend using 全脂牛奶 if you can.
Substitute ¾茶匙 of 干百里香 in place of the fresh thyme.
Cheddar, gruyere, and 高达 are all delicious in 加调料烤土豆. Smoked 高达 would taste amazing, too!
I served the 格鲁耶尔干贝土豆 on a gorgeous Easter table set 通过 my friend Kelley of 哈维兰活动.
另外，这个有趣和节日 蘸蛋棒 would be a perfect addition to the meal, 要么 an appetizer to tide over your hungry guests while dinner is cooking!
- 4 磅 育空黄金土豆
- ⅓ 杯子 无盐黄油
- 2 小葱 切碎
- ⅓ 杯子 面粉
- 3½ 杯子 全脂牛奶
- 1½ 茶匙 盐
- 2 杯子 格鲁耶尔奶酪丝
- 2 茶匙 切碎的新鲜百里香
- Slice the potatoes ⅛ inch thick. Arrange in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Warm the milk in the microwave 要么 a saucepan 要么 until just warm (do not boil).
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until the shallots are soft.
- Add the 面粉 and stir for 30 seconds. Add the warmed milk, whisking as you add it. Whisk until the 面粉 is incorporated into the milk and no lumps remain. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens just a bit, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes, 要么 until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for reading GiftofHospitality.com and helping me to provide quality content.